A great light lunch, appetizer, or snack on the go. Traditionally dipped in Satay Sauce, or Ultimate Asian Sauce and eaten whole.
1 pkg (1⁄4 lb/115 g) rice vermicelli
1 pkg (1⁄2 lb/225 g) rice paper rounds
1 carrot, peeled and julienned (matchsticks)
3⁄4 lb (340 g) cooked chopped chicken, or shrimp
2 bell peppers, julienned
2 cups mixed greens
- Add rice vermicelli to Multipurpose Pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions, approximately 3 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Set aside.
- Soak rice paper rounds one at a time in a large bowl of water until limp but not soggy. Shake off excess water and lay on a clean countertop.
- Combine curry seasoning with dressing. Set aside.
- To assemble each roll, spoon 1 tbsp dressing just off centre (towards bottom) and spread side to side.
- Arrange 1⁄3 cup vermicelli on top of dressing, side to side. Top with 2–3 strips each of carrot, both peppers, chicken or shrimp, and greens.
- Fold bottom end over filling, to the middle. Fold in sides. Roll up from the folded bottom end. Place rolls seam-side down on cutting board or serving platter.